Picasso’s passion for El Greco
- Open to the public: 22 October 2015 to 17 January 2016
- Place: Room A of the Collection
- Curated by: Malén Gual
- Organisation and production: Museu Picasso
- Thanks to an exchange of works, the Museu Picasso will be showing a masterpiece by El Greco from the collection of the Museo Nacional del Prado, the Portrait of an Old Gentleman, together with over thirty works from our collections which were inspired by El Greco.
Cubism and war. The crystal in the flame
- Open to the public: from October 20th 2016 to January 29th 2017
- Curated by: Christopher Green
- Production: Museu Picasso
- The exhibition focuses on the survival of the European artistic avant-garde who had settled in Paris during the First World War (1914-1918), and their response to the anxiety, pain and danger signified by this major conflict: the development of an artistic movement that built on cubist aesthetics incorporating architectural elements, based on stability and wholeness.