Picasso, Photography and Ceramic
- Open to the public: from June 23rd to October 23rd, 2016
- On occasion of the 47th Congress of the International Ceramic Society, to be held in Barcelona in September with a focus on ceramics in architecture and public space, the Picasso Museum (in collaboration with the event) will present a selection of more than 30 photographies from our collection, taken by relevant photographers -Chamudes, Duncan, Otero and Villers- while Picasso was working on ceramics.
Cubism and war. The crystal in the flame
- Open to the public from October 20th 2016 to January 29th 2017
- Curated by: Christopher Green
- Production: Museu Picasso
- The exhibition focuses on the survival of the European artistic avant-garde who had settled in Paris during the First World War (1914-1918), and their response to the anxiety, pain and danger signified by this major conflict: the development of an artistic movement that built on cubist aesthetics incorporating architectural elements, based on stability and wholeness.
Mythologies, Graphic Work in the Collection of the Museum
- Open to the public from November 24th 2016 to March 20th 2017
- Curated by: Claustre Rafart
- Throughout his life, Picasso felt an attraction for the world of mythology, as demonstrated by his first drawing preserved; Hercules (1890), the legendary hero known for his superhuman strength.